Welcome to my blog! Willkommen auf meinem Blog! Bienvenue sur mon blog!
You have found yourself in my world and can’t seem to make sense of these random portals. Take a look at the navigation glossary and continue on your way! 🙂
- World of Costume: Anything to do with costumes, be it for dress-up or period dramas or Disney (and fantasy too)! Check sub-pages for costumed movies, TV series, music videos, promos & commercials, as well as costumed performing arts (ballet, opera, musical theatre, stage theatre). I’ve also included royalty portrayed in film and historical fiction in this category.
- Beauty: Make-up, skin & hair care, self-image, and more.
- Fashion: Dresses, hats, shoes, accessories – historical to present day.
- Travels: Tourist(y) sites & info in Canada & Europe (including the UK). Includes royal residences in Europe.
- Lifestyle: My thoughts, opinions, activities, recommendations, and more.
What do all these topics have to do with with each other?
Although this blog is dominantly a period drama source, I believe that all my interests (costumes & costume dramas, health & beauty, fashion, lifestyle, and travel) are related. They all have to do with beauty:
- makeup, health, and inner beauty: the beauty of making ourselves beautiful inside and out
- costumes & fashion: the beauty of historical, theatrical, and formal clothing and accessories
- costume dramas & historical fiction: the beauty of an imaginary world or a time we wish we’d lived in
- philanthropy & environment: the beauty of caring for or supporting the disadvantaged and the earth in which we live
- travel, culture, languages: the beauty of discovering new places, cultures, and languages in the world
How it all began…
This was and still is my space to perfect my writing skills. I started blogging for the Duke of Edinburgh Award – Skills section (2006 – 21 July 2013).
The blog name was created in 2013 and refers to me (the Lady) and my favourite flower (the Rose). The Rose also symbolises Christ, without whom I would not be here today.
Prior to deleting Facebook, I kept my friends updated on upcoming period dramas by sharing Enchanted Serenity’s Facebook page posts. After I deleted my account in 2013, I created my period drama pages to keep myself updated on all the past and upcoming historical/costume dramas. Now I dedicate the majority of my blogging time to my period drama posts.
Due to my TCK upbringing, I use Canadian/British English spelling and words.
Other blog: Little Europe in Vancouver: An online European community/guide in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Twitter now run by another user.